Professional Remanufactured Alternators
Our Remanufactured Alternators feature a limited lifetime warranty* for both GM (non-warranty) and non-GM vehicles.
ACDelco remanufactured alternators and starters are available for most vehicles on the road today with over 2,700 part numbers available. Features include:
- Remanufactured - units are remanufactured to stringent specifications, not rebuilt
- Top-selling part numbers include 100% new regulators
- Replacement - ACDelco replaces each part of its remanufactured units that are most subject to wear and failure with new components
- Testing - 100% of ACDelco alternators and starters are tested after remanufacture
- Performance and reliability testing includes; sound room tests, vibration tests and exposure to hot and cold rooms
See your local ACDelco Distributor or independent service centre that offers ACDelco parts for details.
Features & Benefits
ACDelco Remanufactured Alternators are available for most vehicles on the road today and are 100 percent tested after remanufacture.
- Rectifier failure is one of the primary causes of alternator failures, most often caused by diode malfunction.
- ACDelco rectifiers are 100 % electronically tested and replaced when needed.
- Bearings are always replaced with new
- Bearings are critical to alternator durability due to extreme lateral loads applied by the drive belt, in addition to excessive heat and vibration.
- ACDelco alternators use only quality bearings with high temperature lubrication and double-lipped rubber seals.
Rotors and Stators
- The heart of the alternator and its current-generating components, rotors and stators maybe subjected to excessive heat, which can deteriorate insulation and cause shorts.
- ACDelco rotors and stators are electronically tested for proper performance, then sealed with a flexible secondary insulating coating.
- Slip rings must be in constant contact with the brushes, or uneven wear leading to failure can occur.
- ACDelco slip rings are precision polished to help maximize electrical contact and consistent output.
- Brushes are always replaced with new.
- Worn brushes interrupt electrical contact, shortening the life of alternators.
- ACDelco brushes are 100% new and durability tested for performance and reliability.
Find out more about ACDelco Professional Remanufactured Alternators and how they fit into the Starting and Charging System with the product facts below.
Provides power to the vehicle's electrical systems and charges the battery while the engine is running.
SIGNS OF WEAR:
Engine doesn't turn over, loss of battery power, some loss of electrical power (dimming headlights, etc.), alternator warning light illuminates.
WHAT IT DOES:
The Starting and Charging System starts the engine, maintains the battery's charge and provides power to the electrical accessories while the engine is running.