Premium Stainless Steel Hose ClampsThe ideal replacement clamp for corrosion-prone applications, ACDelco Premium Stainless Steel Clamps offer exceptional strength and performance.
Features & Benefits
- Hex-shaped screws for easy tightening
- Wider band provides more sealing surface
- Seamless one-piece design eliminates spot welds that can rupture due to stress or corrosion
The hoses route coolant throughout the engine while the hose clamps secure the hoses in place
SIGNS OF WEAR:
Indications of hose leaking, cracking, splitting, hardening, brittleness or lack of heat in vehicle cabin
DID YOU KNOW:
The best way to check a coolant hose for degradation is to squeeze the hose near the clamps or connectors using the following procedures.
1. Always make sure the engine is cool before inspecting the cooling system.
2. Use your fingers and thumb (not the whole hand) to check for hose weakness.
3. Squeeze near the clamps or connectors, as most hose failures occur in this area.
4. Check for any noticeable difference in feel between the middle and ends of the hose.
5. If the ends feel soft or mushy, replacement is recommended.
WHAT IT DOES:
The cooling system removes heat from the engine to keep it running at the proper temperature. In the cooling system, belts drive the water pump, circulating coolant throughout the system.
SERVICE AND MAINTENANCE:
- Inspect engine belts for cracks or missing sections; check belt tension
- Examine hoses every 12 months. Look for leaks, cracks or rot. Replace when showing signs of wear.
- Tighten any loose clamps. Replace clamps when replacing hoses
- Have cooling system inspected immediately if instrument panel-mounted temperature gauge indicates engine overheating.
- Periodically, remove bugs, leaves and other debris from the front of the radiator. They can block airflow and substantially reduce cooling efficiency.