Professional Radiator Caps
With a full range of part numbers to fit most GM vehicles, ACDelco Professional Radiator Caps offer customers an ideal replacement for their worn OE part. Built to our demanding specifications, ACDelco Professional Radiator Caps give you our legendary quality at a competitive price.
Features & Benefits
Standard Type Radiator Cap: Wide range available that fits most vehicles on the road
Safety Release Radiator Cap: Let’s you release the pressure prior to taking off the caps
The radiator transfers heat from the engine's coolant to the outside air while the radiator cap seals and pressurizes the cooling system.
SERVICE AND MAINTENANCE:
- Maintain proper coolant levels and check level monthly (Note: Never attempt to remove a radiator cap while the engine is hot. Serious injury could result.)
- Replace coolant with a mixture of antifreeze and water according to the vehicle manufacturer's recommendations.
- Inspect engine belts for cracks or missing sections; check belt tension.
- Evaluate radiator and radiator cap for leaks, corrosion, worn cap gasket.
- Examine hoses every 12 months. Look for leaks, cracks or rot. Replace when showing signs of wear.
- Tighten any loose clamps. Replace clamps when replacing hoses.
- Have cooling system inspected immediately if instrument panel-mounted temperature gauge indicates engine overheating.
- Periodically, remove bugs, leaves and other debris from the front of the radiator. They can block airflow and substantially reduce cooling efficiency.