Professional Ignition Wire Sets
Built to match the original equipment in length and fit, ACDelco Professional Ignition Wire Sets also offer a performance advantage over many aftermarket products.
Features & Benefits
Designed to match Original Equipment wire sets in critical areas such as cable length and diameter, terminal design and insulator position.
- Have broad coverage available for most vehicles on the road today from 1980 to present
- Provide a high degree of Radio Frequency Interference (RFI) suppression
- Are designed to offer fit, form and function for optimum performance
- Kevlar®-reinforced fiberglass core in select sets for increased strength
- Core sheathed in radio-static absorbent material for increased RFI suppression
- Wire-wound, stainless steel alloy conductor for maximum spark delivery and RFI suppression on most applications
- A layer of conductive heat-resistant latex for added durability
- Insulating rubber-based compound inner jacket helps minimize voltage drop and enhance durability
- Thick silicone outer jacket for excellent heat resistance
- Limited lifetime warranty*
* To the original retail purchaser. Parts only; installation not included. See your local ACDelco Distributor or independent service centre that offers ACDelco Parts for details.
Most vehicle breakdowns are due to one of five causes:
- Out of gas
- Stalled/won't start engine
- Dead battery
- Flat tire
- Overheated engine
Most of these breakdowns can be avoided through the following measures:
- Periodic mechanical checkups, especially when engine stalling, hard starting or other such symptoms are signaling trouble
- Regular tire inspection to spot damage, unusual wear or under inflation that can lead to tire failure
- Seasonal checks and preventive maintenance of the cooling system, a frequent factor in roadside breakdowns
- Be sure the gas cap is on tight after filling up to safeguard against condensation in the tank. If moisture in the gas line freezes, the engine can stall.
WHAT IT DOES:
The Starting and Charging System starts the engine, maintains the battery's charge and provides power to the electrical accessories while the engine is running.
SERVICE AND MAINTENANCE:
- Inspect the battery cables and posts for good connections and/or signs of corrosion. Clean them if needed.
- Check all vehicle lights - including headlights, turn signals, brake lights and emergency flashers - to be sure they are operating at full brightness. A dim light or slow flashing turn-signal could be a sign of a weak alternator.
- Inspect the engine belts regularly. Look for glazing and cracks. Worn belts will affect engine performance (See Belts, Wipers and Cooling System for additional belt information).