5 ways to save gas right now!*
- Check tire pressure – Underinflated tires generate more friction when driving, reducing fuel efficiency by 0.3 percent for every 1 psi (pound per square inch).
- Use the recommended motor oil – Fuel economy can be affected by up to 2 percent if you use motor oil other than the recommended viscosity.
- Use cruise control – It helps you maintain a more consistent speed, which can help you save gas.
- Avoid idling – Yes, it requires gas to restart the engine, but less than is consumed when idling.
- Lighten your load – Unnecessary heavy items carried in your vehicle can affect fuel economy, so get the junk out of your trunk!
*According to FuelEconomy.gov