Professional Remanufactured Alternators
ACDelco Professional Remanufactured Alternators are available for most vehicles on the road today with over 2,700 part numbers available for both GM and non-GM vehicles.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Powers most makes and models - Available for most vehicles on the road today
- Remanufactured - units are remanufactured to stringent specifications, not rebuilt
- Replacement - ACDelco replaces each part of its remanufactured units that are most subject to wear and failure with new components
- Testing - 100% of ACDelco alternators and starters are tested after remanufacture including sound room tests, vibration tests and exposure to hot and cold rooms
• Rectifier failure is one of the primary causes of alternator failures, most often caused by diode malfunction.
• ACDelco rectifiers are 100 % electronically tested and replaced when needed.
• Bearings are always replaced with new
• Bearings are critical to alternator durability due to extreme lateral loads applied by the drive belt, in addition to excessive heat and vibration.
• ACDelco alternators use only quality bearings with high temperature lubrication and double-lipped rubber seals.
Rotors and Stators
• The heart of the alternator and its current-generating components, rotors and stators maybe subjected to excessive heat, which can deteriorate insulation and cause shorts.
• ACDelco rotors and stators are electronically tested for proper performance, then sealed with a flexible secondary insulating coating.
• Slip rings must be in constant contact with the brushes, or uneven wear leading to failure can occur.
• ACDelco slip rings are precision polished to help maximize electrical contact and consistent output.
• Brushes are always replaced with new.
• Worn brushes interrupt electrical contact, shortening the life of alternators.
• ACDelco brushes are 100% new and durability tested for performance and reliability.
WHAT IT DOES:
The starting and charging system starts the engine, maintains the battery's charge and provides power to the vehicle’s electrical accessories while the engine is running.
SIGNS OF WEAR:
- Engine doesn't turn over
- Loss of battery power
- Some loss of electrical power (dimming headlights, etc…)