Replace your original equipment hoses with ACDelco Premium Hoses. Featuring two-ply construction these hoses deliver high-pressure and high-abrasion resistance, making them the perfect replacement.
Features & Benefits
- Highly resistant to kinks and collapse
- Heavy walls offer superior resistance to abrasion and electrochemical degradation
- Available for coolant and heater applications
To route the heating and air conditioning system's liquid and gas
SIGNS OF WEAR:
Evidence of hose leaking, cracking or hardening, brittleness or lack of heat/cooling within the cabin
DID YOU KNOW:
The best way to check a coolant hose for degradation is to squeeze the hose near the clamps or connectors using the following procedures:
1. Always make sure the engine is cool before inspecting the cooling system.
2. Use your fingers and thumb (not the whole hand) to check for hose weakness.
3. Squeeze near the clamps or connectors, as most hose failures occur in this area.
4. Check for any noticeable difference in feel between the middle and ends of the hose.
5. If the ends feel soft or mushy, replacement is recommended.
WHAT IT DOES:
The cooling system removes heat from the engine to keep it running at the proper temperature. In the cooling system, belts drive the water pump, circulating coolant throughout the system.
SERVICE AND MAINTENANCE:
- Inspect engine belts for cracks or missing sections; check belt tension
- Examine hoses every 12 months. Look for leaks, cracks or rot. Replace when showing signs of wear.
- Tighten any loose clamps. Replace clamps when replacing hoses
- Have cooling system inspected immediately if instrument panel-mounted temperature gauge indicates engine overheating.
- Periodically, remove bugs, leaves and other debris from the front of the radiator. They can block airflow and substantially reduce cooling efficiency.