Professional Premium Gas-Charged Shocks and Struts
Get outstanding ride and handling with ACDelco Professional Premium Gas-Charged Shocks and Struts.
Features & Benefits
RoadResponse ™ Technology:
- Helps respond to changing road conditions with motion-sensitive valving
- Provides a more comfortable ride during normal driving conditions
- O-Ring Piston Seal that does not allow oil blow-by, providing improved resistance and control
- Custom tuned gas-charge optimizes vehicle comfort and performance
- Electrostatic paint allows for excellent coverage and better corrosion resistance in hostile environments
- Drawn Over Mandrel tubing reduces wear component wear internally for longer durability
- Hardened chromed Piston Rod provides superb corrosion resistance and product life
- Piston rod seal is permanently lubricated for greater durability
- Validated to meet fit and function specifications
Find out more about ACDelco Professional Premium Gas-Charged Shocks and Struts and how they fit into the Ride and Handling System with the product facts below.
Minimizes spring bounce and helps keep the wheels in contact with the road.
SIGNS OF WEAR:
Excessive ball joint play, leaking oil along the shock body, broken mounts or mounting hardware, worn or missing bushings, excessive vehicle bounce, cupped tire wear.
DID YOU KNOW:
Tire pressure and vehicle ride height are two of the most neglected suspension-related items. Lack of attention to these areas can contribute to improper wheel alignment and unnecessary chassis part wear. If the ride height of a vehicle falls below the manufacture's specification (due to wear or incorrect loading), the entire suspension system suffers. This in turn reduces your vehicle's braking, steering and acceleration capabilities and increases tire wear.
WHAT IT DOES:
The Ride and Handling System supports the vehicle's weight, keeps the wheels in contact with the road and helps provide a comfortable ride for the passengers.
SERVICE AND MAINTENANCE:
Regular maintenance of your vehicle's suspension plays a major part in its handling characteristics, how it feels on the road and how it steers during an emergency. A visual inspection and chassis lubrication are recommended with every oil change while a thorough annual inspection of the suspension is recommended as well. Regular suspension maintenance also improves tire wear. A car with misaligned wheels and/or worn shocks can cause tires to wear out faster than normal. Consult your owner's manual for your manufacturer's recommended tire rotation and wheel alignment schedule to keep your vehicle running smoothly.
Areas to have inspected by a qualified technician:
- Leaking oil or wetness along the body of the shock or strut
- Broken mounts, worn or missing bushings
- Broken, damaged or missing mounting hardware
- Severely dented reservoir tube, bent or scratched piston rod
- Cupped tire wear
- Damaged strut body springs, seats and bushings
- Defective strut bearing or plate missing